Thursday, July 14, 2005

AAAI over; Book done; Room moved into

I had a good time at the conference, which I'll try and write about later. I went for a quick spin around Pittsburh this morning, on my newly tuned bike (Thanks, D!). Then I got on the Pike and crossed PA and MD. I missed the 70 turnoff I wanted to take, but then that allowed me to finish Summerland as I was cruising down Connecticut Ave. Summerland was a fun read/listen, good not great.
I arrived at the International Student House of DC in pouring rain, which fortunately abated after dinner, before I moved my baggage in.
ISH seems a very social place. Most everyone is eager to meet the new guy and introduce themselves. It helped there was a going away gala for a half-dozen Italians tonight, so they had a punch and a small keg of Yuengling.
Get set up at the internship tomorrow, which reminds me, the crowd of international-minded individuals looked askance at me when the word "Naval" appeared in the name of the lab. Usually looked slightly reassured when I explained about Thomas Alva's head and developing technologies, not immediate applications.
The houses themselves are a lot like living in a row house, especially upper row international focus houses, for you ex-Farmers in the audience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home