Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Last Day of the Summer

Today's the autumnal equinox, aka the last day of Summer. A good time to look back, especially since I'm now back in Austin. I'd say safely back, but for the hurricane bearing down on us. At least I'm not in Clear Lake any more, though I worry for my friends who are...
It's been a busy summer, as my travel map shows:

19 of the 51 states and DC, or 37%. I also drove within a mile of KS, NJ, and MS.
I had good conferences in PA and NY, and visited friends in PA, NY, and VA. I had a productive internship in DC and a blast in NV and HI. I lived in CA, TX, DC and MD for more than a month each, being generous with summer (which is easy to do in Texas, where summer lasts about 6 months. It was nearly 100 degrees today.). I drove through the rest of the states, though I think I set foot in each at least at a gas stop. Maybe not WV... I slept in HI, CA, NV, TX, TN, PA, DC, VA, MD, NY, and IN. Three different cities in PA, actually and two in NY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home